Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Brent will not be accompanying me on this trip because he will be in Chicago for a certification training. He is getting certified to be a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, la ti da, i know! He goes one weekend a month for 10 months to Chicago to get this certification. Maybe some months I may travel with him and visit with friends while he's busy. We'll just see.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Brent began seeing patients this week under his new company! It's a very exciting time for us! I just know in my heart and my gut that he (we) will be successful with this endeavor. Patients rave about him all the time about his calm demeanor, excellent bedside manner, vast knowledge and his determination to find the problem and not just treat the symptoms.
A patient recently said:
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Consolidating is so nice. I think that's what this past year has been about: consolidating. Consolidating money. Consolidating insurance plans. Consolidating email addresses. Consolidating stuff.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Natalie is putting 2 and 3 words toghether...at almost 15 months! She likes the "Daddy/Mommy are you?"...meaning, "Daddy/Mommy where are you?" and since she knows "Cindy" and "Uncle B" she makes new sentences "Cindy are you?" so darn cute! Even after we left, Natalie was asking "Cindy are you?" I love it. Brent is a bit jealous, but that's okay.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Today celebrates one year of wedded bliss. I can't believe that it's been a whole year already. I woke up to breakfast in bed (omelet, turkey bacon, cinnamon rolls and mimosas). We then walked up to Hyde Park's Farmer's Market. Shockingly, I've never been there before. Next time we go, we'll have to bring money so we can have some waffles! We have dinner reservations tonight at Quarter Bistro in Mariemont. Never been there, but it came recommended so we'll try it.
Brent and I were thinking of what events have transpired over the last year as a married couple.
1. Week vacation in Cancun, Mexico (honeymoon) September 2008
2. Dennis (Brent's step-dad) had knee replacement surgery.
3. Brent and I (and Dad) devised a plan to surprise my mom for Christmas. She thought we weren't coming, but we drove to Kansas City and she was truly surprised!
4. I turned 30! January 2009
5. At the beginning the year, Brent's Dad lost his job.
6. And then, Brent lost his job May 2009
7. Our niece, Natalie, turned one celebrating with a penguin party June 2009
8. Week vacation in St. Augestine, Florida (Steph and Craig’s wedding) June 2009
9. Brent's air conditioning went out in his car while we were in Florida - what a long drive home!
10. Because Brent didn’t need to shave for work, Brent grew a beard. In Florida, Brent’s scruff turned into a beard. He decided to keep it.
11. Brent started his own company – Cullen Chiropractic and Wellness Center!