Sunday, July 24, 2011

Goodbye Brent!


On Saturday night I dropped Brent off so he could load a bus to travel down to NOLA (New Orleans Louisana) again this year with GBBC (Give Back Beyond Cincinnati) for the week. Last year, Brent and I went down together to NOLA and knew we'd want to do it again this year. However, a small bump (pardon the pun!) derailed my plans to do the same. We decided together that it was okay for Brent to go since I would "only" be 29 weeks pregnant and would be okay here at home.


As weeks approached, I began to feel apprehensive about Brent leaving. This will be the longest that he and I have been apart. And not only that, usually if we are going to be apart, it's usually ME going somewhere and leaving Brent to the regular day-to-day activities by himself. However, this time, not only am I being left with the regular day-to-day mundaneness alone, but he'll be gone for 8 days! Now add on top of that a hormonal pregant woman who's prone to burst into tears from time to time. Luckily, my parents are coming in to visit mid week to keep me company.


On my first morning by myself, Lacey and I woke up and went to the dog park to get some wiggles out before it got too hot. Lacey ran around with some other dogs for a short while, but then all she wanted to do was follow me and lay down. I guess it was getting too hot for her and she ran around a little too much, too fast. So after a quick trip there, I drove home with a tired puppy in tow. She's been mellow all day. Perhaps it's been because I wore her out at the dog park. Or perhaps it's because she misses Brent too.

No comments:

Post a Comment