Thursday, May 17, 2012

Got Milk?

First off, I need to acknowledge that I am very fortunate to be able to breastfeed my baby as not everyone has that ability.  Secondly, I also need to acknowledge that my breastfeeding ability has turned me into a cow.  At least, that's what my mom calls me.  :)
My darling husband thought the title of this post should have been "Half Woman, Half Heffer",  Love him...

We realized early on that our freezer was not going to suffice to hold the supply of milk that I was going to provide.  So, we are now the proud owner of a chest freezer.  My plan is to skip the formula phase and go straight from breastmilk to cow's milk.  That'll happen at a year old when Abby is allowed to have cow's milk.



There are 12 bins in the freezer with 18-22 bags of 5 ounce bags of milk in the freezer with some overflow.  By my calculations, that's approximately 1200 ounces of milk.  That gets me about 40 days of milk if I stop cold turkey today.  Crazy, isn't it?  You'd think that would've bought me until Abby goes to college.  Obviously, I'm not going to stop cold turkey, so as of yesterday, I'm begining the weaning process.  I don't think anyone is interested in the ins-and-outs of how I'm going to drop a pump blah, blah, blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment