Saturday, July 28, 2012

Segway Tour

Like many of you, I get daily emails from Groupon about local deals.  Most of the time, they get deleted at the same time as the other gazillion so-called junk email.  Note to self: unsubscribe to those emails that I'm tired of deleting everyday without looking at.  On this particular day, the groupon caught my eye!  A segway tour of Cincinnati!  I thought that would be a fun thing to do when my parents are in town because 1. We tend to not go anywhere or do anything and this would be a way to get out of the house.  Sometimes it's nice to stay homebound, but when your house is only so big and you only have so many rooms you can go to for privacy, getting out and about sounds nice.  2. I knew none of us have ever rode a segway, so this would a first for all of us!  3. Great way for us to be tourists in Cincinnati and see the sights while the wind blows through the hair.  4. The groupon deal was so good, I couldn't pass it up. 

I chose to do a "sunset tour".  It was fantastic!  The weather was very pleasant, the views were spectacular and the segways themselves were a ton of fun!  It took just a little bit to get used to how they work, but once you figure it out, we were all zooming all over the place!  We stopped at the halfway point and had ice cream - I did not complain one bit about that!  The overall tour was over 3 hours long - money well spent and a good time was had by all. 



1 comment:

  1. It was great fun - would do it again. Maybe next time we visit?? Thanks for the great idea.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete