So far this weekend:
- Abby and I had a picnic lunch at the park with a co-worker friend and her daughter. Rosie and her daughter, Lyla, met us for a 2 part date. The first part was lunch and playing on the playground and the second part was going to The Cone for ice cream and riding on the coin operated rides. The weather was gorgeous and it was fun to play outside enjoying the cool July breeze.
- Abby and I went to play at a friend's house. Andrea and her two kids, Xavier and Juliet. We played in their backyard where there was a blow up bounce house, a sandbox, a water table AND a baby pool. After the initial apprehension of the bounce house, Abby quickly became efficient in climbing in and out and bouncing in it. I think several times too, all 3 kids were playing at 3 different stations. We then stayed for dinner and the adults enjoyed Indian (YUM!) while the kids ate kid food.
- We ran errands - Meijer, Kohl's...Abby is a great shopper!
- Abby took an early nap - like 2 hours early! I didn't fight it and just let it happen. She slept for close to 2 hours, so the girl needed it. And she managed to stay kind the rest of the day until bedtime. I was worried she'd be a crankpot in the evening after napping too early.
- Abby and I had a spontaneous date with Lily (and Heather and Ryan) to the Cone (again!). They were up in our neck of the woods and called us up for a ice cream date. We can't turn down ice cream and a chance to play with Lily!