Friday, December 12, 2014

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

Brent and I are in the habit of spelling lots of words when we are in the presence of Abby.  The other night I told Brent that we needed to give Abby a B-A-T-H and Abby responded with  "No, I need W-X-Y-Z!"  We couldn't stop laughing.  

But speaking of spelling, Abby is so interested in her letters - she'll name the letters, she knows the sounds of the letters (I haven't charted which one she knows and doesn't know, but I can see myself doing that in the near future).  She is constantly asking "what letter does that start with?".  So we'll stop and I'll say the word slowly to exaggerate the sounds.  And Abby figures it out pretty  quickly!  Just last night I began asking her about the ending sounds, not just the beginning sounds.  She's good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment