Friday, January 30, 2009

Surprise Christmas

This past Christmas, Brent and I got a little devious and decided to surprise my mom in KC for Christmas. Dad was in on the plan to help smooth things over. I had to make the phone call to mom saying that we were unable to come to KC this year because we couldn't get enough time off. I hung up the phone and I snickered. Little did she know that Brent and I were planning on driving to KC and then staying for 3 days.

We arrived on a Saturday evening. Dad answered the door and called Mom to come too. As she grumbled up the stairs from the basement, she rounded the corner and was completely shocked to see Brent and I standing in the entryway. She shreiked and cried and clapped her hands with glee knowing that she could spend a Christmas with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment