Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Normal

On Monday morning, we started our new "normal".

My parents left Monday morning to go back to KC around 7:00 a.m. Afterwards, Brent and I looked at each other as to what to do next. We now have to to try to juggle "puppy duty" with getting ready for work. As anyone knows who's had a puppy, they can't always be trusted when unsupervised. And we're just letting her roam the living room area now before be given permission to roam the whole house at her leisure. So, someone needs to be down in the living room attending to Lacey while the other person is upstairs getting ready.

Everyday seems to be a different dance as we have different schedules each day.
Monday, Brent was home with Lacey all day. So that made it easy for me to get ready. But I kept checking in on Lacey stepping out on the landing to look down on the new puppy. That seemed to slow me down a bit.
Tuesday morning Brent and I were both out of the house early, so Lacey was crated alone for several hours before Brent came home around lunchtime. That was sad to hear her whine as we walked out.
Wednesay Brent left at 6:30 while I had to juggle getting ready and puppy duty alone. You know how I solved that? Crate. I thought she'd whine the whole time, but I was shocked that she only whined for several minutes and then entertained herself.

We'll see what the future dance will look like...

So far so good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment