Wednesday, April 27, 2011

16 weeks

Yesterday was my 16 week OB appointment. In general, these appointments aren't as exciting as I initially thought they'd be. This is how it goes:




  • The nurse wants me step on the scale and I always request that I use the bathroom first. I have to get rid of any excess weight I can!


  • While in the bathroom, I then have to pee in a cup, which is always an intesting task to complete.


  • I emerge from the restroom and then take off my shoes and step on the scale backwards as I DO NOT want to see what I weigh. I only want to know if there's a problem with my weight and if I need to change my diet/activity level. Otherwise, I'd like to stay ignorant of my weight and weight gain thankyouverymuch.


  • Nurse asks me same questions as previous appointment and takes my BP.


  • The MOST exciting part of the appointment, of course, is hearing the baby's heart beat. It's about 30 seconds of wonderfulness! That's the highlight of the appointment - those 30 seconds. (I did record the heartbeat on my phone, but having difficulty trying to upload it to the blog. Blah!)


  • Nurse leaves. The doctor then comes in asks if I have any questions, which i only a have a couple per visit. I'm not a worry-wart pregnant woman, so I'm an easy patient, I think anway.


  • That's it. Apointment is over.

Next appointment, however will be the BIG one! We get another ultrasound and we will get to find out the sex of the baby! Now, that is CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment