Thursday, March 31, 2011

13 weeks

Today I am 13 weeks - officially out of my first trimester and into my second trimester! Just think, this is often the time that most people start sharing this big secret they've been concealing. I can't imagine holding in this huge secret this long and JUST now telling folks. I don't want to think of me as a bad secret keeper, because I am, I'd like to think of it as wanting others to share in our good news.

This week, the baby is about the size of a peach.


The http://www.thebump.com says "Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)"


www.babycenter.com says "Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head -- which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. "

No comments:

Post a Comment