Monday, August 8, 2011

Making Progress!

Finally I feel like there is progress being made directly in the baby's room. There's been quite a bit of moving/jettisoning/recycling of things in our house to prepare for preparations for the baby's room, and now we're finally ready to touch the nursery.

On Friday night we went to Lowe's to specifically pick out paint colors. Hot Friday date night...we even had dinner before hand at Chick-Fil-A. Oh la la, you're all jealous I know! So anyway, going paint shopping is not one of my top items of fun things to do. Friday night or not. Last time we picked out paint was for the living room/dining room/kitchen/hallway and that was just completely overwhelming because I had to pick a color from a gazillion colors. Brent always says that I can tell you what I don't want, but have difficulty telling you what I do want. So that expierence was a fun one...we all chuckle about it now.

This time was a bit different since we were trying to match colors to our bedding that we chose. We had decided upon a design and now we needed specific colors to match. Much less overwhelming than my previous paint experience. Brent and I were relatively in and out of Lowe's with no animosity between us. Date night success!

Today, Brent has purchased the paint needed and is beginning the task of priming the walls and painting the dresser.

I'll try and post some pictures of the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment