Tuesday, October 25, 2011

They work!

Abby was 8 pounds 15 ounces of baby goodness when she was born.  When we were discharged from the hospital, Abby weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces (it's very normal for babies to lose a little weight at discharge).  That was a Friday.  The following Friday, we had our one week weight check at the pediatrician's office.  She weighed in at 9 pounds 6 ounces. 

Do you know what that means?  Yes, it means that she's gained weight.  Yes, it means that her digestive system is working.  But do you know what else that means?  Abby gaining nearly a whole pound after being discharged from the hospital by obtaining nutrition soley from me means that...

my boobies work! 



I began pumping the same weekend.  Now that is a whole new experience.  Seeing liquid come from a part of your body that you have not seen excrete liquid is just odd.  However, I'm beginning my stock pile of breastmilk.  Let the pumping adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment