Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Abby was busy making a Father's Day gift for her favorite Daddy!  


Abby pointing to yellow

Abby enjoyed painting her hand...


The final product!  Daddy gave it two thumbs up!
I made this fingerpaint and it wasn't the thinkest consistency that I was expecting, but it made vibrant colors - at least in the bowls.  Next time I make it, I will allow a diaper clad Abby have her way with the paint and allow her paint her body.   

I found the recipe on Pinterest.  I made two batches because I thought I made the first one wrong since it was so runny.  However the second batch I accidentally added too much (doubled it!) cornstarch and shockingly, it didn't thicken the fingerpaint at all.  Odd.  

The recipe:
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 2 cups cold water
  • food coloring
  • containers for finger paint
In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch together. Add water. Heat over medium heat for 8 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Will thicken more as it cools. Divide into containers such as baby-food jars, and add desired food coloring to each container.

No comments:

Post a Comment