Saturday, June 15, 2013

Second Week of Summer

I seemed to have crammed all the summer fun activities into these past two weeks!  We've been busy!....And I'm pooped! But I love it!

On Tuesday Abby and I ventured to the library.  Abby had never been and I think she had more fun running from Abby-sized chair to Abby-sized chair than looking at books.  I managed to pick out a few to check out and we then stayed for "StoryTime".  A couple of librarians picked a few books out to read and the pages were projected onto a screen for all the toddlers and preschoolers to see.  In between books, there were songs, chants and movements that Abby kinda followed.  She mostly liked clapping after each one was finished.  The library does this weekly, so I may make this a weekly activity.

The picture below is Abby playing on the computer while we were waiting for the story time to begin.  At home she's not allowed to touch the computer and so I think she was confused why all of a sudden I was wanting her to put her hand on the mouse.


On Thursday, I met with some of my speechie ex co-worker friends (and their children) at Jump and Jack's - an indoor playground.  There was a toddler area which was perfect for Abby.  We met during lunch time and stayed afterward to play, therefore Abby's nap was WAY later than normal.  I'm always impressed with how she just goes with the flow.  She conked out on the way home and woke up just in time for us to jet to our next event!

Abby and I met up with some friends for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  It's been 3 years since I worked there and surprisingly, there were many faces that I recognized.  People just can't seem to leave the Cheese.  I guess that's a good thing?  Abby learned a new trick - holding a spoon on her nose!  Abby watched Bethany do it once and within seconds or minutes Abby had hers on her nose.


On Friday, Abby and I went down to the Bisher's house to play.  No big plans, just hang and play.  And that's what we did.  We also ate lunch there and then came home to nap before we headed out in the afternoon to yet another friend's house!

Below are pictures of Abby on Brady's lap - he was so sweet with her.  He kept wanting her to play with him and picking her up.  She climbed up onto the couch by herself to sit on Brady's lap.  Luckily, he's young and cute otherwise, we'd be worried!
 


Garrett and Abby are watching some cartoon on TV...He's about 15 months older than Abby and I'm sure they'll be great playmates when they get older!



Stay tuned in for more summer antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment