Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Davis Grandparents

So to my embarrassment, I have failed to post ANY pictures of Abby with her Davis grandparents.  What kind of daughter am I?!  Yikes! 

I mean, they were there at the hospital waiting for Abby's arrival and held Abby in their arms when she was only moments old.  They stayed at our house and took care of Lacey while we were still in the hospital.  They vacuumed and dusted while we were in the hospital and we got to come home to a clean house.  Seriously, how lucky were Brent and I?

How could I have forgotten to blog about their generosity, helpfulness and overall pride as their only child (me) gave birth to their first granddaughter? 

 

 

I love this one!
Mom stayed with us while Dad drove back to KC.  I'm so glad she stayed with us to help out.  She was EXTREMELY helpful.  You have no idea.  Okay, maybe for those who have had babies and had their mother stay with them may have an inkling of an idea.  She meal planned, she grocery shopped, she cooked, she cleaned up after us, she did laundry, she changed our sheets and towels, she dusted (again!) and vacuumed (again!).  I wish we could hire her full time.  Our dining room table has never seen so many consecutive meals! 

Tears were shed as we dropped her off at the airport to go back to KC.   I was so overwhelmed when she left, I thought there was no way I could keep up with a newborn baby, keep up with the laundry, keep up with the house cleaning and keep up with meal planning (and cooking...and cleaning up...).  I'm positive my excessive tears were hormonal, but the emotion and sentiment behind the tears were heartfelt.  She was fabulous and I don't want to know what our house would have looked like, what our nutritional value in our meals would have been and what my mental state would have been had she not stayed to help out.  At the airport, my mom shared some advice.  "Screw the housework and Domino's delivers".  Wise words.  THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!  WE LOVE YOU!

Thanks Mom and Dad for being wonderful parents and fantastic grandparents!

3 comments:

  1. You are so welcome. There was such joy in the Cullen household and I was so pleased to be a part of it. I'll do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks for giving us such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. words to live by as a new mom....your mom is so wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great words to live by as a new mom - your mom is wise :)

    ReplyDelete